Wednesday 4 April 2012

W.i.P Wednesday & Sew into Solids catch-up

WiP Wednesday already!!  Each week seems to fly by faster than the last!  I'll be linking up with Freshly Pieced to share what I have been up this past week and to share what I have on my WiP list!   

Completed:
Sew Into Solids - Block 2 DONE

Higgledy Piggledy block for Week 3 'Sew Into Solids' flickr group.  I pressed
my seams open again - worked great.  I love my colours!  Pattern from page 84. 
So, I thought it was about time that I finally tried to get caught up with my Sew Into Solids project.  Over the past few weeks I've only managed to create Week 1 - Antique Tile and Week 3 -  Higgledy Piggledy [above].  Week 2 was to create a mosaic to show my inspiration.  I finally learned how to make a mosaic but have skipped that part of Week 2 because my inspiration is mostly coming from Modern Blocks, from two antique quilts in our family, and from the blogs Fresh Lemons Quilts and In Color Order.  The girls who started the flickr group (Sew Me Something Good and Sew Create It) are also behind with their blocks so I'm feeling ok with only having two done!!  :)  I have started the cutting of fabric for the Week 4 block so hopefully that will be done sooner rather than later!

Nearly done:
Extra large pin cushion
FQ retreat Test Sample #6

MUST DO ASAP:
FQ retreat name badge swap DONE late Wednesday night :)
Sample swap x4 items
Start Zakka Style Sew-Along project - I had great plans on following each and every week of the Zakka Style Sew-Along but I'm afraid I have to skip this week!!  I have to be realistic so may only create a few of the projects from the book. 

Just a few of my Works In Progress...
Collecting dust:
Placemats
Mod Sampler quilt top
Green-grey-turquoise-teal quilt top
Table topper

Just started:
English paper pieced pencil case

Long term:
Wonky Houses and trees
Wonky Stars
Wonky Log Cabins
Sew Into Solids project

What have you got on your list??   Are you avoiding anything in particular?  I'm avoiding the quilting part on four projects so I think I may have to have a sewing intervention with myself and GET THEM DONE already!  But hey, this is for fun so I can't be too strict with myself, can I?!! 

Happy sewing/quilting/finishing!

5 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love your solids block...looks great :-)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

'Slow and steady wins the race' they say!! ;)

Kelly said...

Great solids block! I am picking and choosing my weeks to Zakka-along, this week isn't one of them ;-)

Cherie said...

Love the block! That is some list! Hope you complete them all!! Brush off that dust! =D

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Oh Kelly I'm so pleased you've said that because I was feeling guilty about not having the time/not wanting to do them all!!!