Friday 31 August 2012

Brit Quilt Swap received!

I received a package in the post today.  The most fabulous package let me tell you!!  It travelled all the way from Northern Ireland so I was thinking it would be my Brit Quilt Swap mini!  I was right :)  Inside, I found two carefully wrapped bundles.  One had a card attached that said 'Read Me Last' so I opened the other bundle and what did I find?  This gorgeous amazing awesome pouch.  Look at it - it is 1000 % "me"...
The zipper pull is a metal swirly heart - so many lovely details. 
I think my secret partner did a tremendous job of stalking me!  I do indeed love buttons and I have been sent the most beautifully sewn linen pouch with lots and lots of vintage buttons sewn on!  It has the best lining too - sorry no photo!  I love this pouch - here is a close-up of the stitching - incredible isn't it?


Not only did she send this gorgeous pouch, she filled it!  Inside I found these fantabulous goodies...


Ok, like I said, my partner did a tremendous job stalking me.  Galaxy Caramel - how did she know I adore Galaxy chocolate and that the Caramel one is my all-time fav?  [it arrived whole but was eaten earlier today so this picture shows just the wrapper]!!  She even sent me some charm squares of dotty fabric - yay!!  I LOVE dots - and did she know that I am in the Dots on Dots Blog Hop in September?  Even the Cath Kidston tissues are dotty!  She sent a lovely card, a Moo Card and tape measure ribbon - so awesome!!

And then I opened the second package.  Wow!!  I had seen this mini in the Flickr group and adored it!  Look at those birds - aren't they perfect!?  And the texture of the grey fabric - you really must touch it to understand how truly soft it is.  These are some of my favourite colours too.  The stitching is expertly done and I marvel at how she constructed it because this rectangle is perfectly squared up and every stitch is precise and perfect [me = jealous].  The perfect mini quilt for me.  THANK YOU Judith of Just Jude :)


And look -- she even put tiny little buttons on the label.  So wonderfully done (it is square but I took a wonky photo!) . 


Judith you are a quilting-rock star.  I am so very happy that you created this masterpiece for me.  I will hang it this weekend in my kitchen to brighten the space up and to cheer me up every time I'm in there!  Thank you!
___________________________________

I'm participating in the Dots on Dots Blog Hop.  I'm one of nearly 100 bloggers participating in the Sew We Quilt blog hop and I'm 'hopping' on the first day [10th of September] - yay - so be sure to put the date in your diary as I will be having another giveaway on my blog to celebrate all of my lovely followers because I have reached the next milestone of 200 followers!  Thanks guys!

___________________________________

And in other news...  Did I mention that I love buttons?!  A big thank you to Button Mad for sending me a set of mini heart shaped buttons.  They arrived yesterday and are so darn cute!!  I can't wait to use them!  And a huge thank you goes to Doodles and Designs for sending me the most delicious Tula Pink fabrics - I can't wait to sew something yummy with them!  I am so thankful to you both!

Ok - I'm off to sew my Sailor Mouth large item.  I completed one of the small items last night.  It is a pocket tissue holder.  It isn't too rude but if you would prefer not to see it, don't click the link!!!

And on that note, I'll see you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

What a brilliant swap! Although if someone sends me a Galaxy Caramel, to be honest they could send me a sock with a hole in it and I would still be happy. But the pouch and the mini quilt are both fabulous! Lucky you x

Charlotte said...

oooh, you lucky thing! It's gorgeous!

Canadian Abroad said...

You lucky you. Judith is in nice in reality as the things she makes.

MetroQuilter said...

Well done Jude and well done you

Di said...

That is a gorgeous mini quilt. It is really nice when your partner has 'read' you and knows what you like. The purse is so nice too. I reckon you will enjoy both. Di x

Kelly said...

I love that mini and had an inkling it was for you :)

Pennie said...

That tissue holder made me laugh out loud! BRilliant. and a lovely, lovely swap quilt. :-)

Cherie said...

Wow what a great set of goodies she must really have been stalking you like crazy! =D

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a fantastic bag and bunch of goodies! You are a very lucky girl!!

Judith, Belfast said...

Hey Amy, so glad you loved all your goodies and the mini! You were such a joy to make for, you really made it easy for me. Thank you for being an ace swap partner! Jxo