Friday 28 December 2012

100 Day Hustle recap

Kelsey SewsOne hundred days have come and gone.  Wow - where did those precious days go? 

My 100 Day Hustle list had 25 things listed on it.  I managed to complete 11 things plus work on two others = 13 from the list.  Some of these were WiP's and some were things I had hoped to make before the end of 2012.  I am pleased that I got about half my list completed because I now have 11+2 things less to worry about when I step into 2013.  That's some logic huh??

My original list can be found by clicking on this link here.

Here is what I hustled to get done:

2.  Finish Vintage Holiday quilt - woohoo it was finished!


4.  Make Paramouthy Stitches Tote bag for Di - ahhh, done!  And a coin purse too!


9.  Complete Pretty Pleats Bag #2 - PHEW - done!  This is my current handbag - I love it!
A reversible bag.  I love the sign language print!
14.  Make feather Mug Rug friend at work - got this done but kept it so made her a blue one instead!
 

I gave her this one and she loved it!

15.  Make Open Wide zippy pouch for a friend at work - but I almost kept it for myself!!  This is a terrific pattern by Noodlehead - I will be making more!!
  

19.  Make a frame coin purse for UR Priceless Blog Hop - done and love it!


20.  Make Christmas decoration/ornament for secret partner in LMQG swap - she loved it!  I actually made seven of these quirky birds.



21.  Make a wine gift bag - finished and posted to Canada for my sister.  I put a vase I made at pottery class inside for her Christmas pressie. 


22.  Make Christmas pot holders for pressies - done and one given, one kept!


24.  Make a few Christmas gift wrap bags or drawstring bags - yay I made two mini ones and a candy cane drawstring bag!



25.  Make Christmas hanging dish towels - I sure did!  I kept one and the rest were sold or gifted.  I use mine all the time and plan to make more.


16.  Finish Wonky Stars lap quilt -- soooo close - it is almost done!!!  All the blocks have been sewn together, a white border added plus a scrappy border and it is basted and on the table beside Mr Toyota for quilting then binding.  I think I will quilt it this weekend.  Fingers crossed I can get it done before midnight on the 31st!

1.  Finish Mod Sampler Quilt - almost!  I made a pieced back so all I have to do is baste, quilt and bind and it will be finished!  Yay - so close!
The back is done - yay!  No excuses now!
All the seams pressed and threads clipped - ready to baste!

I shall now hustle over to Kelsey Sews to link up and celebrate getting this many things done in 100 days!  I got lots and lots of other things done in the last 100 days too so I am a happy girl!  Thanks for the fun motivation Kelsy and I hope you all managed to get some things completed too!

Happy finishing!
 

14 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Wow Amy! You did a fantastic job of knocking down that list of your's!

Foster said...

13 projects is definitely a lot of work. I don't think I had 13 on my whole list. Great work! Loved all those cute little bags.

Charlotte said...

well done - I am most impressed (particularly by my little bird - I love him!)

Abby said...

You got so much done! what a fun way to hustle!

sheila 77 said...

What a lovely set of beautiful pieces. Yes, I am familiar with making something for someone else, then keeping it - I do like your feather mat.

Di said...

You have done an amazing job of whittling down your list. It was an ambitious list but doing so many from it is definitely a 'good job done'. Di x

Rachel said...

Great job on getting so much accomplished!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Wow you got a lot done from your list! Nice work! Loving those birdies!

Jessica said...

Wow, you seriously rock! Great job! :)

tirane93 said...

that's a LOT of finished work! your bags are all so darling!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on all your completed projects!!!

Marla said...

I love that fabric on the first drawstring bag. So pretty! Congrats on all the finishes.

Lizzie said...

Love the birds - they are adorable. Thought your coffee rug pall gift was great as well - I hope she has it in her desk!

Kelsey said...

Great job!! So many pretty things - I love the towels :) Thanks for joining in!