Saturday 16 February 2013

Doll Quilt Swap 13 - received!

The postman rang the bell today and got me out of bed!  My post does not come to my house, nor does it get delivered on a Saturday but since the postman knows where I live, he decided that he better ring the gate bell to give me the three squishy parcels that had arrived!  He often shares in my excitement (he humours me really) of receiving ANYTHING in the post!!  But today I had three things so he thought he would bring them round so I didn't have to wait until Monday!  Cool eh?

And I am so glad he did because one of those parcels was my Doll Quilt from {sew}Allegorical!


Yay it arrived!!  Allegory has sewn for me before in a different swap so she knows what I like -- wonky!  As you can see, she gave me a wonky gnome, mushroom and floating houses!  And she made it in my favourite colours and some awesome fabrics!  She also sent some extras - a Cloud 9 charm pack (oh so amazing) and some Wonder Woman flannel!  Too cool or what!!?  And the back of the mini has a yummy green trees (?) print and some hanging corners (thanks Al - I needed those):


I plan to create a wall of mini quilts - here is my new gnome mini beside the mini I received from Judith of Just Jude in the Brit Quilt swap in August.  I have three more mini's to hang alongside so I will post a pic in Flickr once I have done that!   


Oh how I love participating in swaps!  All the time spent looking at the fabric that has been gathered to create something and at the sneak peaks that are posted - it makes it all so exciting to see what eventually arrives and becomes your own!  And also the anxious wait to hear from your partner to see if they like what you have made and sent them!  = I am addicted!

Thanks for letting me take part in DQS 13 and thank you to Allegory for my lovely mini doll quilt and extras!  My Saturday is complete. 
_______________________________

One of the other squishy parcels was my prize from my random win with Rhonda at Quilter in the Gap's 4th Quarter link-up!  I won $10 from Quilt n Bee and I used it towards a parcel of yummy fabric and a Generation Q magazine (my first).  I purchased some white on white, some grey Anthology fabric called Fruit slice and some pale blue fabric that looks like tulips called Wild Thyme by Carolyn Gavin - so pretty.  I got a couple of other things too but they are a secret, for now!!  Thank you Rhonda!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

that's gorgeous!!!! You lucky lady :-D

Kelly said...

Very cool post indeed!

Di said...

Your postie is the best! That mini is just sweet and the extras are lovely. Swaps are fun but nerve wracking at the same time. Di x

Finding Fifth said...

Post is never delivered on the weekend here and never personally to the door. Lovely!