Sunday 29 September 2013

Selfish sewing... fail

It is the end of Selfish Sewing Week and this is all I managed to sew for myself!  A tree for Wonkyville!


Ok, I had big plans for Selfish Sewing Week and I did do some sewing but it was for everyone else!  Ooops - so much for selfish sewing eh?  I made three Artist Trading Cards, three bee blocks, a siggy block and two needle books - all for other people!



Oh and I made some 'shit' for Pennie:


You see, I wanted to clear my to-do list before tackling my own project(s).  I did not deal with the ELEPHANT in the room, did I?  Typical me though - at university I would avoid the big essay and work on ALL the smaller projects first so they would be done and out of my mind so I could then concentrate on the big project but it meant that I always left myself very little time to work on the big project.  This is the story of my life and exactly what I did (or didn't do) this week!!  I had planned on working on my Marcelle Medallion quilt and wanted to make a Skirt Bag from some Ikea fabric I have but I got sidetracked with my to-do list. 

Oh well.  But at least it feels good to cross things off my list :)

What did you sew for Selfish Sewing Week?

 

9 comments:

gilly said...

I think you deserve a big pat on the back though, cos that's a whole lot of things ticked off that list, by the look of it. Perhaps you should declare this coming week your very own Selfish Sewing Week - and hopefully stick to the plan!
Have a great week either way :-)
xx

Sarah said...

Aw thanks for sacrificing your selfish sewing to make my lovely blocks.

Anonymous said...

you always have an epic to do list! Love your cartwheel and trading cards. rx

Turid said...

You made some really pretty things this week. I finished my ALYoF goal for September, and I'm happy with that.

Unknown said...

Gee whiz, if you're this productive for others, imagine how many lovely items you'll knock off for yourself in a week! Chrissie x

Hilary said...

I worked on my Marcelle Medallion quilt and made a backpack for my son. So I had a half selfish sewing week :)

Charlotte said...

nice shit!

Heidi said...

Great projects though! Looking fwd to your skirt bag. What's with the shit?

moira said...

it should have been selfless sewing week! loving your shit